Supply Chain Policies
Henry Ford Health System has implemented a series of policies designed to eliminate conflicts of interest, improve patient quality and safety and support privacy and security. Among them is the new Vendor Policy, which prohibits vendor access to Henry Ford physicians and personnel without prior written consent, in addition to prohibiting free lunches, small gifts and other perks.
These policies have been made available online so that vendors can learn more about the new protocols:
- Consignment/Loan Policy: Helps identify and manage consigned or loaned equipment, instruments and other products. The policy also establishes a guideline for products consigned and/or loaned to Henry Ford.
- Emergency Procurement Policy: Outlines the procedure for processing a procurement occurring on an emergency basis outside normal business hours.
- New Product Introduction Policy: Created to establish a formal product request, evaluation, and introduction process. The policy provides a process by which all new products, proposed product changes, and product replacements are reviewed and known prior to use.
- Supply Chain Management Policy: Establishes requirements for vendors doing business at System locations and restricts the induction of products in the system without purchase orders. Invoices will no longer be paid if there is not a corresponding purchase order. The policy also provides guidelines for staff when selecting vendors or ordering goods and services.
- Vendor Policy: States that all visiting Vendors will require certification through Henry Ford’s Vendor Compliance and Management Department. The vendor/organization is required to be an approved vendor through the System’s Supply Chain Management department prior to registering for credentialing.
Additional requirements for vendors entering clinical procedure areas
Vendors participating or observing in a clinical procedure area will have additional requirements related to health and safety and will be required to wear black scrubs. This scrub color is specific to vendors, and is designed to ensure vendors are easily identifiable.