Explore our available physician positions to find the one that’s right for you.
Be a part of our world-class team.
As a physician, you have many choices regarding where and how to practice. When you join the Henry Ford Health System team, you are able to utilize your expertise in an environment that encourages multidisciplinary collaboration for the benefit of patients in need of our care.
We are glad that you’re interested in joining us. Our physicians are proud to be part of our team, as the below video shows.
Our team of expert providers
Our doctors provide the highest level of compassionate care to our patients, their families and the communities we serve throughout Southeast and South Central Michigan. We encourage cooperation among physicians across medical disciplines to address the complex healthcare needs of patients.
You will work alongside more than 1,500 Henry Ford Medical Group physicians — one of the nation’s largest group practices. These providers staff Henry Ford Hospital, Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital and more than 30 medical centers in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties.
In addition, you will work with the providers of the Henry Ford Physician Network, a physician-led Henry Ford subsidiary that focuses on delivering high-quality care while reducing costs through collaborative evidence-based medicine and proven efficiencies. The Henry Ford Physician Network includes physicians who are part of the Henry Ford Medical Group, as well as those who are hospital-employed and those in private practice.
We also work with more than 1,800 additional private-practice physicians who are affiliated with:
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
- Henry Ford Allegiance Health
We are proud to employ and affiliate ourselves with the area’s leading physicians. In fact, nearly 400 of our physicians were named to “Hour Detroit” magazine’s Top Docs List 2019.
On top of collaborating with your fellow physicians, you’ll also benefit from the support of our advanced-practice providers (APPs), including:
- Certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs)
- Nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants (PAs)
Our physicians provide outstanding patient care in more than 40 medical specialties. Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, our flagship hospital, is a Level 1 Trauma Center that has been recognized for clinical excellence in a wide range of disciplines, including:
- Cancer treatment
- Cardiac surgery
- Sports medicine
- Vascular surgery
We pride ourselves on our devotion to research, innovation and academic development. Our physicians are leaders in developing new treatments and techniques that can save, improve and extend lives. Learn more about our academic programs and clinical departments.
Our Emmy Award-winning documentary series, “Minds of Medicine,” details the expertise we bring to patient care and the research that makes it possible. View our “Minds of Medicine” episodes.
Our physicians’ benefits
On top of our general benefits available to all Henry Ford Health System employees, we also offer several generous benefits exclusively to our physicians, including:
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician we hire on a full-time basis
- Allowance for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, etc.
- Continuing medical education (CME) days (up to 18 per year)
- Long-term disability plan, paid for by Henry Ford Medical Group, that is unmatched by other health systems
- Malpractice program that protects you during and after your employment with Henry Ford Health System
- Moving allowance