Hospital Medicine Mission Vision and Values
The Henry Ford Division of Hospital Medicine is committed to delivering the highest quality care to hospitalized patients. The key to our success is ongoing communication with our patients and their families and multidisciplinary collaboration with other doctors, nurses, and health professionals in the care of our patients. As hospitalists, we manage and coordinate medical care teams from the moment the patient is admitted to the hospital through discharge of the patient from the hospital to home or to another medical facility such as a nursing home.
We are committed to putting each patient first by consistently providing an outstanding hospital patient care experience that we would expect for our families and for ourselves.
- Our hospital medicine experts manage the complex medical care of hospitalized patients.
- Our hospitalists lead and collaborate in multidisciplinary medical teams to enhance quality of care, ensure patient safety, improve patient outcomes, as well as improve hospital processes such as length of hospital stay and costs.
- Our structured methods of collaboration encourage transparency of behavior, communications, and accountability.
We aim to be recognized as one of the premier academic hospitalist programs in the U.S. through a commitment to excellence in patient care, scholarship, and a culture of collaboration.
We collaborate with our patients and their families by:
- Placing the needs and wishes of patients at the center of our activity by caring and comforting them in the same way we want our families and ourselves treated.
- Communicating with patients and their families in a compassionate manner and maintaining an environment of shared decision-making and empowerment for the patient.
We collaborate with the patient's health care team by:
- Partnering and sharing responsibility with each patient's health team including nurses, pharmacists, case managers, and others by integrating their assessments in the care of our patients.
- Leading hospital quality improvement initiatives to promote efficient, cost-effective, and safe practices.
- Advancing the science and education of inpatient and palliative medicine through a commitment to research, teaching, and lifelong learning.
- Assuring safe transitions of care for our patients through cooperation with other health care providers and community-based services.
We collaborate with our physician colleagues by:
- Supporting our partners within the Hospital Medicine Division by demonstrating the highest standards of clinical care, communication, performance assessment, and teamwork.
- Continually serving as role models by adhering to the highest standards of clinical and professional conduct.
- Working closely with other specialties to provide the best care for our patients.
- Recognizing and supporting the important role of the primary ambulatory physician through effective and timely communication to enhance decision-making and ensure a safe and smooth transition of care.