Michigan HIV Consultation Program
The Michigan HIV Consultation Program has been established to answer questions from Michigan health care professionals regarding:
- HIV Disease Management:
- Advice on the diagnosis and management of HIV-infected patients, opportunistic diseases in HIV patients, selection and use of antiretroviral agents.
- HIV Drug-Drug Interactions:
- Advice on potential HIV antiretroviral drug interactions with other concomitant medications.
- HIV Occupational and Non-Occupational Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP/nPEP):
- Advice on the management of occupational and non-occupational exposure to biologic material potentially infected with HIV virus and hepatitis viruses.
- HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP):
- Advice on selection and management of persons who are candidates for pre-exposure prophylaxis to prevent the acquisition of HIV infection.
- Perinatal HIV treatment:
- Advice on prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV infection during the perinatal period.
Questions submitted via this site will be answered within 24-48 hours. For urgent questions a 24 hour consultation line is available, call (313) 575-0332
You will be emailed an evaluation shortly after our consultation. We request that you respond to this survey. Your response will help us improve our services.