2017-18 resident applicants
The Henry Ford Hospital Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology accepts residency applications through ERAS, the Electronic Application. The only documentation that will be considered is that submitted through ERAS.
2017 match and application review
We will begin reviewing applications on Monday, September 18, with the deadline for complete applications being October 10, 2017.
- We suggest your USMLE Step 1 scores be over 210 and that you have passed all your steps on the first attempt. More robust scores do strengthen your application.
- We do sponsor J1 visas, however we do not sponsor H1-B visas
- For international medical graduates, US clinical experience is suggested. We prefer your date of graduation from medical school be no more than 3 years at the time of your application, unless you have completed a prior residency.
- If you are selected to interview, we do require that you have your clinical skills test scheduled by the time you arrive for your interview.
- We do not offer any externships or observerships in our department.
We consider applications complete when they contain the following:
- MyERAS common application
- Personal statement
- CV (generated through ERAS)
- USMLE Step I scores and preferably Step 2
- Medical school transcripts, including MSPE
- 3 letters of recommendation, preferably one from an OB/GYN physician
NOTE - When listing publications, please make sure to include the PMID number
- September 18 to October 10 – Application review.
- October 10 – Invitations to interview extended. If you wish to have your application reviewed for consideration, a completed application must be received by the start of business (9 AM – EST) by October 10.
- October 10 to October 31– Applications during the month of October will be reviewed and considered for waitlist status only.
- November 1 – Application process closed; no consideration will be given to applications received after the deadline.
Interview dates (tentative dates; subject to change)
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017
- Friday, November 3, 2017
- Tuesday, November 7, 2017
- Friday, December 1, 2017
- Friday, December 15, 2017
- Monday, January 15, 2017
Two groups of applicants are interviewed each day and share a luncheon with the residents and faculty. There is a dinner with current residents the evening prior to the interview day. A social evening for the applicants and residents is held on the night prior to the interview date to facilitate a more casual discussion about the residency.
During the day, faculty and residents on the selection committee will interview you. You will be given ample opportunity to ask questions and you will tour two of our major teaching sites. We view the interview process as an opportunity for applicants to learn about the program and for the selection.