2016-2017 resident applicants
The Henry Ford Hospital Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology accepts residency applications through ERAS, the Electronic Application. The only documentation that will be considered is that submitted through ERAS.
2016 match and application review
We will begin reviewing applications on Monday, September 15, with the deadline for complete applications being October 20, 2016.
- We prefer your USMLE scores be over 210 and that you have passed all your steps on the 1st attempt
- We do sponsor J1 visas, however we do not sponsor H1-B visas
- We prefer your date of graduation be no more than 5 years ago
- If you are selected to interview, we do require that you have your clinical skills test scheduled by the time you arrive for your interview
- We do not offer any externships or observerships in our department
September 15 to October 1 – Application review
October 1 – Invitations to interview extended. If you wish to have your application reviewed for consideration, it must be received by the start of business (9 AM – EST) by October 1.
October 1 to October 31 – Applications received or completed during the month of October will be reviewed and considered for waitlist status only.
Thursday, November 1 – Application process closed; no consideration will be given to applications received after the deadline.
(may be subject to change)
Friday, October 28, 2016
Friday, November 18, 2016
Monday, December 12, 2016
Friday, December 16, 2016
There is a dinner with current residents the evening prior to the interview day.
During the day, faculty and residents on the selection committee will interview you. You will be given ample opportunity to ask questions and you will tour two of our major teaching sites. We view the interview process as an opportunity for applicants to learn about the program and for the selection.