Audition and Application Information
You can find all of the information regarding applying for audition rotations here
Preferred scores: (Passing on first attempt is highly preferred and will take precedence over those who have more than one attempt)
- USMLE Step 1- 220
- USMLE Step 2 CK- 220
- USMLE Step 2 CS- PASS
- COMLEX Step 1 –470
- COMLEX Step 2 CE-470
- COMLEX Step 2 PE- Pass
You must have passed USMLE 1 and 2 CS and CK or COMLEX 1 and 2 CE and PE to start residency. USMLE 3 or COMLEX 3 must be passed by June of your first year. Osteopathic applicants are not required to take the USMLEs.
Graduation cut off year: 2023
Must be ECFMG certified by Rank Order List deadline (February)
3 Letters of Recommendation
- 1 must be a SLOE
- Alternate SLOEs are highly recommended for other LORs- see the CORD website for more details
Resident Selection Process
- All applicants must submit an application through ERAS. (Henry Ford Macomb Hospital)
- We will begin reviewing applications September 29, 2023 and strongly suggest submitting applications as soon as possible following the ERAS timeline. We participate in program signaling.
- Interviews will be offered on a rolling basis, with the first wave sent in October.
- Applications must be received by October 31, 2023.
- Interviews are conducted by the Program Director, the Associate Program Director, core teaching faculty and/or current Emergency Medicine residents.
- Our interview format will be virtual through Zoom. Our interview dates will fall on Mondays and select Wednesdays in October, November, December, and early January.
- Students rotating at our site can elect to interview in-person in October, November, and December
- Virtual Open House on October 9, 2023: 7pm - 8:30pm.
- We will welcome applicants back for an optional in-person second look. Dates are TBD.
- We do participate in the SOAP if all residency positions do not fill during the Match.
- We do sponsor J1 Visas.
- All residents must sign the residency contract provided to them by their Medical Education Specialist within 10 days of the released Match results.
- All residents must have a valid Educational Limited and Controlled Substance License in the State of Michigan on the first day of residency. A valid license must be maintained through the entire residency.
- All applicants must have a valid BLS and ACLS certification on the first day of residency. A valid BLS and ACLS certification must be maintained through the entire residency.
Orientation is a vital step in the onboarding process for all residents here at Henry Ford Macomb and therefore, is a requirement before residency can begin. Orientation dates begin mid-June and go until the start of residency. If offered a position in our program, attendance to all orientation dates is required, no exceptions will be made to this so please plan accordingly. Failure to appear for residency orientation is considered a NRMP Match violation and could have serious consequences. Also, pre-employment screenings, ACLS and BLS courses are also required attendance.