Henry Ford Macomb Hospital (HFMH) is located in Macomb County, Michigan, northeast of Detroit and is less than 30 minutes from the system’s flagship academic medical center, Henry Ford Hospital.
HFMH Clinton Township Campus is a 435-bed hospital that provides comprehensive, acute care. Specialty services include a Heart & Vascular Institute, a Cancer Care Center, and a Birthing Center with 18 labor and delivery, recovery and post-partum suites. Our Clinton Township hospital received designation as a Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission in Spring 2009, the first in the region to receive this honor. The campus also has a 42-bed inpatient rehabilitation program, an ambulatory and minimally invasive surgery center and leading diagnostic imaging.
Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit is a 802 bed tertiary center that provides integrated health care to over two million residents of Southeastern Michigan and celebrated it’s centennial year in 2015. The Josephine Ford Cancer Center treats more cancer patients than any other hospital in the state of Michigan and as a nationally recognized Level 1 Trauma Center, HF Main offers unparalleled care to all injuries at the largest intensive care unit in the state of Michigan.
Children’s Hospital of Michigan has been treating children for over 125 years with the highest standards in both medical practice and medical technology, resulting in being consistently recognized as one of America’s best hospitals for children. CHM has 290 beds and is the third oldest children’s hospital in the nation and the only free standing children’s hospital in the state of Michigan. With more than 40 specialties, the Children’s Hospital of Michigan sees more kids and trains more pediatric medical and surgical experts than any other hospital in the state.
The Detroit Medical Center’s Harper University Hospital was established in 1863 and is amongst the oldest and highly regarded teaching institutions in the nation. It is a 698 bed hospital providing care in a broad range of clinical areas including neurosciences, hypertension and heart failure and vascular and organ transplant. It is the location of the regional Poison Control Center and Toxicology Fellowship. The regional PCC was established in 1958. It is the ninth largest poison center in the US serving 18 counties of southeastern Michigan. The PCC provides 24/7 service to the public and health care professionals with an annual call volume of approximately 70,000 calls.
Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital, located in Grand Rapids, Michigan was created in 1993, then expanded in 2011, to fill a critical gap in West Michigan health care—the need for a hospital devoted to infants, children and adolescents. It is a regional referral center dedicated to improving the health and lives of children and families. A 212-bed, 14-floor, DeVos boasts more than 200 pediatric physicians in 50 pediatric specialties and programs, including a 24-bed pediatric critical care unit for children with life-threatening illness or traumatic injuries, or for those recovering from major operations.