- Preferred board score requirements: (Passing on first attempt is highly preferred and will take precedence over those who have more than one attempt)
- USMLE Step 1- 235
- USMLE Step 2 CK- 245
- USMLE Step 2 CS- PASS
- COMLEX Step 1 – 525
- COMLEX Step 2 CE-550
- COMLEX Step 2 PE- Pass
- We are not sponsoring visas (EAD or green card)
- Must be ECFMG certified by Rank Order List deadline (February)
- US clinical experience highly preferred but not required
- No medical school interruptions
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Research preferred
Resident Selection Process
- All applicants must submit an application through ERAS.
- The Program Director reviews and selects applicants that will be invited to interview.
- Interviews are conducted by the Program Director, and/or other core teaching faculty and current chief General Surgery residents.
- Interviews will take place at Henry Ford Macomb Hospital from November-January.
- The Program Director and Associate Program Director make recommendations for selection to the Department faculty, prior to the match.
- The Match process will follow and uphold all of the NRMP guidelines.
- After the match results are released, the Program Director reports those who have matched into our program to the Graduate Medical Education Committee.