About the Program Director
Spencer Solomon, D.O.
Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director, Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
I am an AOA, AOBEM certified and Residency trained Emergency Physician practicing at Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital. I am the Emergency Medicine Residency director having started the application for the program in 2004.
- 1980 - 1985 Detroit Country Day High School, Birmingham, MI
- 1985 - 1990 Michigan State University, Lyman Briggs School of Science, Bachelor of Science with Major of Physiology and Minor of Philosophy
- 1991 - 1995 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- 1995 - 1996 Botsford General Hospital, Farmington Hills, MI, Intern
- 1996 - 1999 Botsford General Hospital Emergency Residency 2000-2010 AOBEM certified Emergency Medicine cert # 1027 2003-current Associate Clinical Professor Kirksville College 2003-current Associate Clinical Professor Michigan State University COM
- 2004 - Current Emergency Medicine Residency Director Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital, Wyandotte MI
- 1999-current Staff Emergency Physician Henry Ford Wyandotte , Wyandotte , MI
- 2000-2002 Staff Emergency Physician Riverside Osteopathic Hospital , Trenton, MI
- 1999-2002 Staff Emergency Physician North Oakland Medical Center, Pontiac, MI
- 1997-1999 Staff Emergency Physician Mercy Memorial Hospital, Monroe, MI
- AOA inspector for Emergency Medicine Residencies
- S. Gunaga, J. Walker, K.M. Boehm, S.J. Solomon. "Michigan's Exemplary Contribution to Osteopathic Medical Education. "Abstract . 2008 Michigan Osteopathic Association Annual Meeting. May , 2008
- K.M. Boehm, S. Chiu-Miller, M.I. Pensler, S.J. Solomon. "Clostridium difficile Enteritis: a case report." Abstract EM-39. American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physicians 2007 Resident Poster Competition. October 1, 2007.
- K.M. Boehm, S.J. Solomon. Abstract 3. "Ruptured Abdominal Aneurysm Mimicking Renal Colic In An Elderly Male." American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physicians 2006 Resident Poster Competition. October 17, 2006.
- K.M. Boehm, S.J. Solomon "Traumatic pneumothroax secondary to tattoo placement"
- ACOEP practice guidelines committee member
- 2014 - current ACOEP GME committee