The Eye, The Brain & The Auto
8th World Research Congress on Vision and Driving
Focusing on the Impact of Disruptive Autonomous Vehicle Technology on Healthcare
October 7-9, 2018
Motor City Casino Hotel Detroit, MI
Plans are underway for the 2018 presentation of The Eye The Brain and The Auto. If you have questions or interest in this congress please contact Roseanne Horne at 313-936-1968 or via email at: Rhorne1@hfhs.org
- AI/Machine Learning Experts
- Automotive Designers (Interior and Exterior)
- Automated, Connected, Electric & Shared (ACES) Companies
- Blind Community
- Cognitive Sciences Researchers
- Design Thinking Experts
- Electrical & Electronic Engineers
- Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Geriatric Physicians and Clinicians
- Immersive Virtual and Augmented Reality Developers
- Interested Public
- Mobility Experts
- Social Psychologists
- Systems Engineers
- Trauma Surgeons
- User Experience Designers
- Visual Sciences Researchers
- Visual Physiologists
- Venture Capitalists
At the end of the three-day world congress attendees will:
- Appreciate the potential that big data management and the disruptive IT technology developing in the transportation industry may play in health care and wellness
- Understand the role that user’s vision and cognition will play in a journey from no driver assist technology to full autonomy—i.e. level zero to level five
- Better understand how the medical field can contribute to and benefit from the development of autonomous vehicles and the technology for their safe universal acceptance
- Have a clear understanding of the progress being made in autonomous vehicle development and the potential role this disruptive technology might have in human medicine
- Have reviewed progress in the field of human-machine interface in automotive transportation and the roles that vision and cognition will play in this rapidly unfolding field
- How can medical and visual scientists play a role in human factors and auto design issues?
- How does a revolution in transportation influence human medicine?
- Can sensor data or driving performance changes indicate possible health challenges?
- What role will this democratization of transportation play in human medicine and rehabilitation?
- How must these vehicles be modified for the blind and/or physically handicapped communities?
- Can physicians identify design changes in semi-autonomous systems in response to known medical challenges?
Bartimaeus Dinner Sponsor
|Friends of Vision|
Poster Session Sponsor
|Bill and Happy Rands
Ford Motor Company
|Alliance for Vision Research
|Mr. and Mrs. James B. Nicholson|