The Eye, The Brain & The Auto
8th World Research Congress on Vision and Driving
Focusing on the Impact of Disruptive Autonomous Vehicle Technology on Healthcare
October 7-9, 2018
- AI/Machine Learning Experts
- Automotive Designers (Interior and Exterior)
- Automated, Connected, Electric & Shared (ACES) Companies
- Blind Community
- Cognitive Sciences Researchers
- Design Thinking Experts
- Electrical & Electronic Engineers
- Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Geriatric Physicians and Clinicians
- Immersive Virtual and Augmented Reality Developers
- Interested Public
- Mobility Experts
- Social Psychologists
- Systems Engineers
- Trauma Surgeons
- User Experience Designers
- Visual Sciences Researchers
- Visual Physiologists
- Venture Capitalists
At the end of the three-day world congress attendees will:
- Appreciate the potential that big data management and the disruptive IT technology developing in the transportation industry may play in health care and wellness
- Understand the role that user’s vision and cognition will play in a journey from no driver assist technology to full autonomy—i.e. level zero to level five
- Better understand how the medical field can contribute to and benefit from the development of autonomous vehicles and the technology for their safe universal acceptance
- Have a clear understanding of the progress being made in autonomous vehicle development and the potential role this disruptive technology might have in human medicine
- Have reviewed progress in the field of human-machine interface in automotive transportation and the roles that vision and cognition will play in this rapidly unfolding field
- How can medical and visual scientists play a role in human factors and auto design issues?
- How does a revolution in transportation influence human medicine?
- Can sensor data or driving performance changes indicate possible health challenges?
- What role will this democratization of transportation play in human medicine and rehabilitation?
- How must these vehicles be modified for the blind and/or physically handicapped communities?
- Can physicians identify design changes in semi-autonomous systems in response to known medical challenges?
Bartimaeus Dinner Sponsor
|Friends of Vision|
Poster Session Sponsor
|Bill and Happy Rands
Ford Motor Company
|Mr. and Mrs. James B. Nicholson|