The Eye and The Chip
Save the Date: Eye and the Chip
November 10-12, 2019
The Henry Hotel, Dearborn Michigan
For Congress Registration Information
For Hotel Reservations at The Henry Hotel
Call The Henry Hotel Reservation desk at (888) 709-8081 to book rooms over the phone.
Call for Abstracts - please see Abstract Submission Policies
Abstract submission entry opens: March 1, 2019
Abstract submission deadline date: May 1, 2019
Please fill out editable abstract submission form and email along with abstract to:
Roseanne Horne at firstname.lastname@example.org
Working toward a future with artificial vision.
The Eye and The Chip is a research congress that seeks to marry the most recent advances in nanoelectronics and neurobiology – to provide artificial vision to many people who are now blind as a result of many eye conditions, diseases and injuries. Results from the congress will advance the day when many persons now blind recover some level of useful vision. At this collaborative event, the Detroit Institute of Ophthalmology brings together more than 30 authorities from various vision science and technology fields.
2017 Media Coverage
2017 Media Coverage for The Eye and the Chip conference
- Identifying areas of progress in the wedding between neurobiology and nanotechnology which will one day provide devices to be placed in the eye or the brain of many persons now blind to afford them some level of useful vision
- Achieving, by collegial interchange, collaborative relationships between major programs in Europe, America, Asia and Australia
- Identifying advances and challenges remaining in the global pursuit of true artificial vision
- Identifying outcomes of device implantation where it is occurring—Europe, US, etc.
- Identifying progress in the US FDA approval of visual Neuro-prosthetic device implantation in humans
- Biomaterials Researchers
- Corporate Regulatory Officials
- Electrical & Electronic Engineers
- Medical Device Representatives
- Blind Community
- Interested Public
- Visual Physiologists
- Venture Capitalists
At the end of the 10th The Eye and The Chip World Research Congress the lead research presenters and attendees will:
- Have a clear understanding of which blind patients will eventually benefit from a visual neuro-prosthetic device
- Be fully aware of which patients will benefit from a device within the eye, and which patients will be benefitted only by a device interfacing directly with the visual cortex of the brain
- View the development process of a complex medical device, and will recognize the role played by the US FDA in bringing forth safe and effective medical devices for the American public
- Review progress in the field of visual neuro-prosthetic device development and implantation — challenges and successes
- Form possible additional collaborative relationships which will serve to accelerate the process of device development and implementation
- Address and fully understand remaining challenges
|New World Medical, Inc|
|Friends of Vision|
|Bill and Happy Rands
Bionic Vision Technologies
|IMRA AMERICA, INC.
Macular Degeneration Foundation
|Alliance for Vision Research, Inc.
Nidek Co, Ltd
Novartis- Alcon Pharmaceuticals
Novartis- Alcon Surgical
Donations and In-Kind Sponsorships
For information from previous congresses, including photos and videos, please visit www.dioworldcongresses.com.