The Eye, The Brain & The Auto
9th World Research Congress on Health and Modern Mobility: Autonomous Vehicles, Driver's Fitness to Function, and Naturalistic Driving Methods
December 7 - 8, 2020
Focusing on the Impact of Disruptive Autonomous Vehicle Technology on Healthcare
Call for Abstracts
The Detroit Institute of Ophthalmology seeks abstracts for The Eye, The Brain and The Auto 9th World Research Congress. We will focus once again on both the driver’s vision and visual needs, as well as on the role that the technology enabling autonomous mobility will play in healthcare.
We seek abstracts:
- Related to naturalistic driving especially as they focus on health, wellness, and driver functional assessment
- Related to driver’s functional fitness especially as revealed by biometric sensing technology
- From the medical world, anticipating the role the technology enabling autonomous mobility will play in healthcare
- From the auto industry, as it foresees the role autonomous mobility will soon play in healthcare
- From the driving/vision research arena which has presented advances at this congress for two decades
Abstract Submission Deadline: August 15, 2020
- AI/Machine Learning Experts
- Automotive Designers (Interior and Exterior)
- Automated, Connected, Electric & Shared (ACES) Companies
- Blind Community
- Cognitive Sciences Researchers
- Design Thinking Experts
- Electrical & Electronic Engineers
- Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Geriatric Physicians and Clinicians
- Immersive Virtual and Augmented Reality Developers
- Interested Public
- Mobility Experts
- Social Psychologists
- Systems Engineers
- Trauma Surgeons
- User Experience Designers
- Visual Sciences Researchers
- Visual Physiologists
- Venture Capitalists
At the end of the two-day world congress attendees will:
- Have a clearer understanding of the progress being made in autonomous vehicle development
- Understand the role that user’s vision and cognition will have in a journey ranging from no driver assist technology to full autonomy—i.e. S.A.E.* Level zero to level five.
- Better appreciate the contributions that the technology enabling autonomous mobility will make in health care.
- Have a better idea where the health care universe will fit in the automotive industry.
- Appreciate the potential that big data management and the disruptive IT technology developing in the transportation industry may have in health care and wellness
- Have reviewed progress in the field of human-machine interface in automotive transportation and the roles that vision and cognition will play in this rapidly unfolding field
- How can medical and visual scientists play a role in human factors and auto design issues?
- How does a revolution in transportation influence human medicine?
- Can sensor data or driving performance changes indicate possible health challenges?
- What role will this democratization of transportation play in human medicine and rehabilitation?
- How must these vehicles be modified for the blind and/or physically handicapped communities?
- Can physicians identify design changes in semi-autonomous systems in response to known medical challenges?
Macular Degeneration Foundation
Poster Session Sponsor
|Happy and Bill Rands|