- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Hand Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Orthopaedic Surgery
- University of California, San Francisco, CA, 1994
Residencies & Internships
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, General Surgery, PA, 1995
- Washington University, Hand Surgery, MO, 2002
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Orthopaedics, PA, 2000
Titles: Executive Vice Chair, Orthopedic Service Line and Chief, Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
Charles S. Day, MD, MBA, a nationally renowned expert in hand, wrist and elbow surgery with over 20 years of clinical experience, has joined the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at Henry Ford Health System. With his broad experience and expertise, the addition of Dr. Day will enhance patients' access for hand, wrist and elbow injuries and conditions.
Dr. Day will serve as the Executive Vice Chair of the Henry Ford Health System Orthopedic Service Line, and the Chief of the Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery. He previously served as the Chief of Orthopedic Hand and Upper Extremity at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center from 2016 to 2019 and 2005 to 2015, respectively in Boston, MA. He was also an Associate Professor in Orthopedic Surgery at Harvard Medical School from 2009 to 2016.
"I look forward to the opportunity of serving the medical needs of the patients of southeast Michigan and providing them with enhanced access to high quality care for their hand, wrist and elbow treatment needs at the Henry Ford Health System," said Dr. Day.
His clinical outcomes research over the last 20 years include sports related wrist ligament injuries, traumatic wrist and hand fractures, radiographic outcomes, pain evaluation, postoperative scarring, carpal tunnel syndrome, thumb arthritis and wrist/hand joint replacements.
He has been invited for numerous lectures, including, the Mayo clinic; Hospital of Special Surgery; Oxford University; Columbia; Barcelona, Spain; Lyon, France; Tokyo, Japan; Beijing, China and Australia.
Awards and Honors:
2011 - 2014, Top Doctors of Hand Surgery in Boston Magazine
- 2014, Co-Chair, ACGME Hand Surgery Fellowship Milestones Committee
- 2011, American Society for Surgery of the Hand Sterling Bunnell travelling fellow awardee
- 2011, American Orthopaedic Association American, British, Canadian (ABC) travelling fellow awardee
- 2010, Excellence in Mentoring Award from Harvard Medical School
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital