- American Board of Internal Medicine - Hematology
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Medical Oncology
- Medical University of the Americas, MA, 2012
Residencies & Internships
- Western Michigan University, Internal Medicine, MI, 2015
- Henry Ford Hospital, Hematology/Oncology, MI, 2018
I specialize in medical oncology and hematology. Medical oncology is the study and treatment of solid-organ tumors using chemotherapy, immunotherapy and targeted molecular therapy. Hematology is the study of blood and blood cell components (white blood cells, red blood cells and platelets) as well as the treatment of associated disorders, blood cancers, and problems with bleeding and clotting. My areas of clinical expertise include cancers of the breast, lung, gastrointestinal tract and genitourinary system as well as leukemia and lymphomas.
This is a very exciting time to be an oncologist, because of the tremendous amount of cancer research and discovery that is occurring. I believe that my generation will be able to make a meaningful impact on the advancement of cancer care. I am happy to be able to bring the benefits of the Henry Ford Cancer Institute’s leading-edge technology, pioneering research and emerging clinical trials to Jackson and its surrounding areas. I look forward to caring for individuals and families in the communities we serve.
As a part of the Henry Ford Cancer Institute team, my focus is on my patients, as well as on their cancer. That means providing the help and support patients and their families need while going through a very impactful diagnosis and treatment process. Being able to offer this personalized level of care, along with treating the cancer itself, is very gratifying to me.
Awards & Honors:
- First Place for Oral Presentation MI State ACP - Co-Author - May 2014
- First Author of Best Oral Presentation for regional SGIM - September 2013
- Henry Ford Allegiance Health