Board Certification and Education
- American Board of Family Medicine - Family Medicine
- American Board of Family Medicine - Sports Medicine
- University of Medicine and Health Sciences, 2014
- LaGrange Memorial Hospital, Family Medicine, IL, 2018
- Wayne State University, Surgery, MI, 2015
- WellSpan York Hospital, Sports Medicine, PA, 2019
As a community-minded provider, I am dedicated to caring for our neighbors in a variety of ways, from serving area high school and collegiate-level student athletes to promoting the health of families through a collaboration with the Dahlem Environmental Center and its Nature for All Trail.
I am able to provide sport-related treatments, including:
- PRP (platelet-rich plasma) injection to naturally stimulate healing in an injured area or to relieve chronic pain
- Tenex technology to provide minimally invasive treatment for chronic tendon pain
- MSK US (musculoskeletal ultrasound) to provide a safe scanning technology that uses sound waves to create images of tendons, ligaments, joints and muscles throughout the body
- Ultrasound-guided injections to reduce joint pain
- Sport-related concussion care and monitoring
I serve as team physician for Albion College, Jackson College, Spring Arbor University and the USFL Philadelphia Stars. I also serve as one of the team physicians for the USA Weightlifting Sports Medicine Society, an organization that cares for athletes during Olympic Weightlifting competitions around the world.
- Listen to Dr. Medellin talk about his experience working with Olympic athletes on TMI: Let's Talk More About It - Podcast.
- Head Team Physician, Albion College, Jackson College and Spring Arbor University
- Team Physician, USA Weightlifting Sports Medicine Society
Videos and Articles
- Henry Ford Jackson Hospital