Board Certification and Education
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine
- Loyola University of Chicago, IL, 2001
- Tufts - New England Medical Center, Orthopaedic Surgery, MA, 2006
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Sports Medicine, OH, 2007
I specialize in ACL injuries, shoulder, knee and elbow sports injuries, and Tommy John surgery. Learn more about orthopedic surgery.
Dr. Moutzouros was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois. He attended Loyola University and graduated magna cum laude in three years with a degree in biology. He went on to Loyola-Stritch School of Medicine where he graduated with honors and AOA recognition.
His orthopedic training was completed in Boston at the Tufts/New England Baptist Hospital Program. From there he completed the prestigious Cleveland Clinic sports medicine fellowship, covering the Cleveland Cavaliers, Indians and Browns.
Dr. Moutzouros moved to Henry Ford in 2007 and is currently the Chief of Sports Medicine. He is an official team physician for the Detroit Pistons, Wayne State University, Oakland University and Detroit Country Day. Dr. Moutzouros known for being approachable and going the extra mile to assure for the best care of all his patients.
Click here to read an interview with Dr. Moutzouros.
- Chief, Sports Medicine
"I take pride in providing the best level of care to my patients whether they are a professional athlete or an occasional recreational athlete. I want to always be approachable to my patients and have them understand that my ultimate goal is to improve their function and comfort to the best of my abilities."
He has numerous research interests, including publications on Tommy John surgery in Major League Baseball Pitchers, and NIH-funded research on shoulder injuries.
Awards & Honors
- Member, American Orthopaedic Association
- "Top Doctor," Hour Detroit (2013 - Present)
Videos And Article
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital