- American Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Disease
- University of Bombay, 1987
Residencies & Internships
- Wayne State University, Internal Medicine, MI, 1994
- Wayne State University, Internal Medicine, MI, 1992
- Harper Hospital, Cardiology, MI, 1997
I am a board certified cardiologist with more than 20 years of experience. After earning my medical degree with honors in Bombay, India, I came to the United States to continue my medical education. At Wayne State University in Detroit, I completed my residency and internship in internal medicine (and was named Intern of the Year). I then completed a fellowship in cardiology at Harper Hospital.
Among my areas of professional focus are echocardiography (which uses ultrasound waves to investigate the activity of the heart) and nuclear cardiology (which uses a very small amount of a radioactive tracer to safely take pictures of the heart so the most effective medications or treatments can be determined).
I want my patients to know I care about them. I listen and am carful to explain things in a way that is easy for them to understand.
- Henry Ford Allegiance Health