- American Board of Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
- Wayne State University, MI, 2004
Residencies & Internships
- Wayne State University, Internal Medicine, MI, 2007
- Ascension Providence Hospital, Gastroenterology, MI, 2011
Dr. Jason Schairer is a board-certified gastroenterologist and associate program director of gastroenterology fellowship. He specializes in inflammatory bowel disease, with a specific interest in Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
Dr. Schairer completed medical school before moving onto an internal medicine residency at Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, Michigan. He then completed a gastroenterology fellowship at Providence Hospital and Medical Center in Southfield, Michigan. In 2011, Dr. Schairer joined Henry Ford Health System and has been working in the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center in Novi, Michigan. Our center has an interest in both maximizing the quality of life for our patients while also addressing preventative health issues.
My interest is helping people living with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis live their life in the best way possible. This coincides with my passion: educating people. Through collaboration with other specialists and highly motivated patients, we are able to help people reach their potential.
- Associate Program Director of Fellowship for Gastroenterology
Awards and Honors
- "Top Doc" in Gastroenterology, Hour Magazine (2013 and 2015 - 2019)
- Excellence in Teaching Award for Gastroenterology (2014 and 2016)
- American Gastroenterology Associate Bridges to Excellence for the treatment of IBD (2014)
- Fecal transplantation therapy for Clostridium difficile-associated pouchitis, International Journal of Colorectal Diseases (2014)
- Board of Directors, Oakland County Medical Society
- Ambassador, AIBD (Advances in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases)
- Medical Advisory Committee, Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Michigan Chapter
- FDA Related Matters Committee, ACG (American College of Gastroenterology)
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital