- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Neurology
- Harvard School of Public Health, MA, 2002
- Friedrich Schiller Universitat, 2000
Residencies & Internships
- University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Neurology, OH, 2008
- University Hospital Case Medical Center, Internal Medicine, OH, 2005
- Friedrich Wilhelms University Bonn, 2004
- Friedrich Schiller Universitat, 2001
- Henry Ford Hospital, Neuro-Oncology, MI, 2011
- University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Ctr., Neuro-Oncology, TX, 2010
Member of the Henry Ford Cancer Institute
Neuro Oncology Fellowship, Program Director
It is my personal vision to provide each patient and family with the best possible care, always respecting their personal needs and goals. I strive to improve the outcomes of patients with brain tumors and neurologic disorders, one patient at a time. I partner with my patients and their families to maximize the quality of their life and their healing.
I earned my medical degree and PhD in neuro-anatomy about Vitamin D receptors in the brain from the Friedrich-Schiller University in Jena, Germany. I was awarded a Fulbright Scholarship to attend Harvard University and received my master’s degree in Public Health focusing on health care management, decision analysis and quality of life assessment. Following, I spent one year as a fellow and medical advisor at the Jewish Healthcare Foundation in Pittsburgh, PA, focusing on the implementation of quality improvement systems, such as the Toyota Production System, into healthcare.
After continuing my clinical training in neurology and researching quality of life in neurological diseases at the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-University in Bonn, Germany, I completed my neurology training at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH.
I trained in neuro-oncology at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston before joining Henry Ford Health System in 2010.
My clinical interests lie on finding new treatments for patients with brain tumors, in particular measuring and improving each patient’s quality of life. He has done extensive research on how neurological diseases affect the lives of patients and their families.
- Henry Ford Allegiance Health
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital - Clinton Township
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital