- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- University of Damascus, 2008
Residencies & Internships
- Ascension Providence Hospital, Internal Medicine, MI, 2016
- Children's Hospital of Damascus, Pediatrics, 2009
It is important for me as your doctor to know all I can about you and your health. As an internal medicine physician, I am committed to not only treating diseases, but also preventing them. Preventive medicine includes, but is not limited to, vaccinations, DEXA scans for osteoporosis, and screenings for cancers, diabetes, heart diseases, high cholesterol, and abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA).
I am a huge supporter of and advocate for preventive medicine. It is important that my patients work with me and take initiative to improve their health through proper diet, exercise and check-ups. My husband is a hematologist and oncologist for Henry Ford Medical Group, and is one of my practice inspirations. Much of what I do for my patients comes from what I have learned from him.
Outside of being a doctor, I am a proud mother of two. In our home, we place high value in staying active and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I love playing with my kids and finding new, healthy foods for them to enjoy. I also enjoy playing the keyboard and am the children’s choir conductor for my church.
- Rheumatic fever and the Holter monitor
- Continuous Quality Improvement projects focusing on vaccines, abdominal aortic aneurism (AAA) screening, treating high cholesterol in diabetes patients
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, experts are predicting an early and severe flu season. Here's what to know--and how to protect yourself.
- Henry Ford Hospital