An aortic aneurysm is a weakened area that bulges from the wall of the aorta, the body’s largest artery. An aortic aneurysm can grow and possibly burst, causing life-threatening bleeding. Early diagnosis and proper treatment can manage aneurysms to reduce the risk of rupture.
Vascular disease specialists at Henry Ford Health System have exceptional skills and experience in managing aortic aneurysms, no matter how complex. Our treatments range from medications and lifestyle changes to minimally invasive procedures and open surgery, keeping you as healthy as possible.
Aortic aneurysm: Why choose Henry Ford?
The Multidisciplinary Aorta Program is one of only two programs in southeast and south central Michigan dedicated to aortic disease. Our vascular and cardiac specialists have advanced training and expertise in all types of treatment for aortic aneurysms.
People come to us for our:
- Comprehensive care: Henry Ford is one of only a few centers in Michigan that can perform both minimally invasive procedures and open surgery for complex aortic aneurysms. We specialize in treating aneurysms in areas that are difficult to access and involve critical arteries that connect to the aorta. Our board-certified vascular and cardiac doctors are experts in determining the appropriate treatments for you and the right time for more advanced treatment.
- Experts in emergency aortic surgery: With highly skilled surgeons, our program is recognized as a center for emergency surgery for aortic disease, performing advanced procedures 24/7/365. Doctors across Michigan trust us with their patients, knowing we provide exceptional care.
- Innovation in research: Our vascular surgeons were the first in Michigan to perform EVAR and among the first to perform FEVAR, minimally invasive procedures for aortic aneurysms. You’ll receive care from pioneers in research on aneurysm repair devices and the procedures used to place them.
- Teamwork among multiple specialties: Our vascular surgeons, vascular medicine specialists, cardiologists and cardiac surgeons meet once a month to discuss patients with complex aortic aneurysms. Cardiac and vascular surgeons work together during delicate procedures for complex aneurysms that cross the chest and abdomen.
- Follow-up care close to you: With locations across southeast and south central Michigan, Henry Ford makes it easy for you to see your care team. We monitor your health over the long term to help you live an active life.