Disease Prevention Thru Exercise and Education (PREVENT)
Did you know that exercise has been shown to improve and/or alleviate over 40 chronic health conditions such as heart disease, obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, peripheral artery disease or cancer? The Henry Ford PREVENT (Prevention through Exercise and Education) Program is a medically supervised exercise program that can help improve your health and fitness in a safe and supportive atmosphere.
Regular exercise offers many benefits to those who suffer from chronic diseases. Our trained clinical staff will provide you with:
- A personal fitness assessment by a clinical exercise physiologist
- An individualized exercise program
- Access to group exercise classes (e.g. chair aerobics, yoga, etc.), and nutrition classes.
- Education on ways to make healthy lifestyle changes
Other reasons to consider the PREVENT program
- Exercise with and meet others who have similar health goals
- Stay motivated with encouragement and support
- Exercise in a state-of–the art facility
- Be rewarded for your hard work through various membership challenges and contests
- Stay informed of your progress and receive monthly summaries of you blood pressure and weight progress