Preparing for Coolsculpting
Before your coolsculpting
Two weeks before treatment
- Review your medications and herbal and dietary supplements with your physician.
- The following may increase the risk of post-operative bleeding: aspirin, ibuprofen, glucosamine chondroitin, flax seed, vitamin E, fish oil, Echinacea, Gingko biloba, CoQ10, green tea, chia seeds, primrose oil, and garlic.
One day before treatment
- Stay hydrated
- Avoid excessive sun exposure
- Alcoholic beverages
- Get a good night’s sleep before your procedure
Day of treatment
- Arrive ten minutes prior to your appointment time to avoid traffic and parking issues.
- Bring a book, reading material or activity to perform while having your procedure.
After your cool sculpting
- Following coolsculpting you may experience some discomfort that may be treated with Ibuprofen or Tylenol. Bruising or swelling may occur and last one to two weeks.
- A compression garment such as Spanx® may be helpful for comfort but not required.
- There are no activity restrictions following the procedure.
- Results with occur over two to four months.