We provide a range of safe, effective treatments for arrhythmia, or heart rhythm disorders. Our specialists work with you to create a care plan that fits your particular needs.
Why choose Henry Ford Health for arrhythmia treatment?
Often people with arrhythmia have more than one treatment option to consider. We use data and national guidelines to find the treatment that best fits your needs.
As an academic medical center, we’re at the forefront of technological advances in electrophysiology and have expertise with the latest procedures. Our comprehensive treatment team includes:
- Electrophysiologists — cardiologists who focus on arrhythmias
- Physician assistants
- Nurse practitioners
- Specially trained device nurses
- Imaging specialists
- Other heart specialists
Heart arrhythmia treatments we provide
You are an essential part of the care team. We work with you to create a treatment plan that respects your wishes and serves your overall health needs.
Our providers review complex cases together to provide the best treatment options. We also use advanced diagnostics to determine exactly what type of arrhythmia you have and what’s causing it. We further work with your cardiologist or primary care physician to ensure we offer the best recommendation.
Treatment options may include:
- Medications: Many different types of medications can help treat arrhythmia. We may prescribe medication by itself or combine it with another type of treatment. Learn more about arrhythmia medications.
- Cardioversion: This procedure can rapidly and safely fix an erratic heartbeat or a heart that beats too fast. We use it for atrial fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia and other arrhythmias. Find out more about cardioversion.
- Ablation: This minimally invasive procedure improves or even cures erratic or rapid heartbeats. We’re one of the few heart programs in Michigan that offers robotic magnetic ablations. These procedures give us access to otherwise difficult-to-reach areas of the heart and have an excellent safety record. Learn more about cardiac ablation.
- Pacemakers and defibrillators: We implant the newest and most advanced cardiac devices for arrhythmia, including leadless devices that do not leave scars on the skin’s surface. We also use devices when treating people with heart failure and other heart issues. Find out more about pacemakers and defibrillators.