The Palliative Medicine Service combines the art of caring with the science of medicine. Our multidisciplinary team provides comprehensive care to patients and families facing serious or chronic medical conditions. The focus of care is on reducing pain and suffering while promoting comfort and quality of life.
Benefits of our service include:
- Management of physical symptoms
- Information-sharing and advance care planning
- Psychosocial and spiritual support
- Coordination of care including referral to appropriate care in the community
- Explanation of goal and treatment options
- Support and education for family members
- Assessment of care needs
The Palliative Medicine team serves patients regardless of diagnosis or location in the hospital. We also offer outpatient consultations and follow-up clinic appointments.