A video visit with your doctor can be scheduled through MyChart. This offers the same high quality healthcare expertise from your doctor, with the added convenience of not having to travel to the doctor’s office.
Advanced Heart Failure Program
Our unique approach combines clinical expertise and the latest advanced heart failure treatments.
When you have advanced heart failure, traditional treatments such as medication and simple procedures may not be enough to improve your symptoms. This does not necessarily mean you are running out of treatment options. As one of the only advanced heart failure programs in southeast Michigan, our team of highly trained specialists provides the most advanced and effective care to people across the entire state.
The Henry Ford difference
Our unique program combines clinical expertise with a range of advanced treatments. We offer temporary (bridge to surgery or transplant) and permanent or durable solutions (heart transplant) for all forms of advanced heart failure (congestive heart failure). Other program features include:
- Seamless care: Our team meets weekly to develop personalized treatment plans for each person. If you are in the early stages of the disease or your symptoms are currently under control, you can get the care you need from one of our cardiologists.
- Expertise: Our team also includes board-certified specialists in advanced heart failure and heart transplant cardiology. These doctors have expert knowledge and skills in all facets of advanced heart failure care.
- Access: We can usually see new patients in our clinics within a week. We also accept emergency transfers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Range of treatments: We offer the full spectrum of treatment options including transplants through our nationally renowned heart transplant program.
- Clinical trials: Our active participation in research and clinical trials means that we can offer the newest available drugs and devices. Learn more about our left ventricular assist device (LVAD) program.
- Diagnosis and treatment of complex, related conditions: Our advanced heart failure specialists also have special expertise with related conditions such as cardiomyopathies, sarcoidosis and amyloidosis.
- Certification: Our LVAD program has maintained the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval™ since 2008. This advanced certification recognizes our commitment to meeting the highest national safety and quality standards.
- Volumes and outcomes: Our LVAD implant volumes well surpass CMS mandates, and have been shown by a national clinical study to be associated with survival.
- Other heart support devices: While LVAD is the most common type of implant, for some this will not fully address severe heart failure. We offer other surgically implanted mechanical heart support devices for people with complex heart problems. This includes right ventricular assist device (RVAD) implants or total artificial heart support for those who need it.
- Referral center: We treat people from all over the Midwest. Whether you are experiencing the disease’s early symptoms or you need emergency care, we can help.