School-Based Health Centers
The school-based health centers (also called child and adolescent health centers) are a mini-doctor’s office located inside elementary, middle and high schools across metro-Detroit. Each center is unique based on student population, grant requirements and school needs.
The health centers listed below are supported by Henry Ford Health System and the Michigan Department of Community Health – Child and Adolescent Health Center grant funding and billing reimbursement:
- Detroit Edison Public School Academy (K-12th)
- Fitzgerald High School (Warren)
- Ford High School (Detroit)
- Mt. Clemens High School
- Mumford High School (Detroit)
- Western International High School
- YouthVille Detroit Community Health Center
These health centers are staffed by a nurse practitioner, registered nurse, medical assistant, social worker, rotation physician and a rotating child and adolescent psychiatrist.