Get practical advice for raising healthy kids and teens, nutritious recipes, fitness tips, news on health trends and more. From picky eaters to stressed-out teens, our pediatricians have you covered.
Inpatient Pediatric Services
When you child needs overnight hospitalization because of an illness or injury, several Henry Ford locations offer specialized care for these extended stays. We understand that staying in a hospital can be a stressful experience for both you and your child. Our pediatric team is dedicated to making sure your stay is as comfortable as possible. Our pediatric hospitalists are available around the clock to provide care and support throughout your visit.
Should your child require admission to the hospital, your pediatrician or their office staff will guide you through the process and stay in close contact until your child is comfortably settled into his or her room.
We invite parents or guardians to stay with their child throughout the visit. This can help avoid any stress your child might experience going into their hospital stay and provide extra peace of mind for you.
Three Henry Ford hospital locations are equipped to accommodate your child’s overnight stay. Learn more about what to expect at each location:
Henry Ford Allegiance Health
Henry Ford Allegiance Health offers several unique services to make sure your child is cared for and back to their usual self as quickly as possible. We offer:
- Pediatric echocardiograms. Echocardiograms are used to evaluate heart murmurs and detect structural abnormalities.
- Synagis Clinic. This clinic provides protection against Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV), a common respiratory virus in children.
- Hydration station. Sometimes your child needs extended care and treatment but doesn’t necessarily need to stay at the hospital overnight. Our pediatric hydration station provides the following services for your child around the clock and for up to 8 hours:
- Intravenous hydration or antibiotics
- Intramuscular medications
- Lab work
- Respiratory assessment and breathing treatments
- Port flushes
- Blood transfusions
- Wound care
Henry Ford Macomb Hospital
At Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, our team is dedicated to making sure you child gets the care they need as soon as possible. Every room in our 25-bed unit is equipped with a private bathroom to may your stay as comfortable as possible. Additionally, some specialists, including a pediatric infection disease specialist, are available around the clock to provide additional support in caring for the health and wellness of your child.
Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
At Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital, we offer a unit that is specifically dedicated to women’s and children’s health to accommodate your stay. If your child needs overnight hospitalization, a section of this unit is dedicated to their personalized stay including:
- Limited beds, so your child is taken care of and watched over closely throughout their visit
- Playroom and child life area
- On-site pediatrician available 24/7