Reproduction & Use
Policies for the reproduction of images and documents held by the Conrad Lam Archives
The digitization of the Archives’ collection is an ongoing process. If an item you are looking for is not found in the online catalogue, please contact the archivist for more information.
Please note that a large proportion of Henry Ford Hospital photographs from before 1950 are property of the Benson Ford Research Center of The Henry Ford. Permission to use these images and copies of these images will need to be obtained from that institution. Please contact us for any questions about photo availability and use.
Scanned images will be delivered digitally as 300 dpi JPG files unless a higher resolution is requested.
Turn-around time is typically 5 working days. Urgent requests can be filled in 2 working days for twice the price.
Reproduction charge per image
The archivist reserves the right to decide whether an item is able to be safely scanned or photographed without causing damage to the original.
Scanning and processing charge: $12.50 / image
At the discretion of the archivist, this fee may be waived.
Use charges per image
All fees are for one-time use unless otherwise agreed upon.
No use fee is charged for items intended for personal research or interest, or for use by teachers and students in educational contexts (school papers, presentations, instruction), or for internal HFHS purposes (retirements, award ceremonies, anniversaries, memorials, orientations, training, etc.)
Print publications (books, journal articles, newspaper articles, magazines, brochures, advertisements, etc.):
- Print run under 1000: $10 / image
- Print run under 5000: $40 / image
- Print run under 50,000: $70 / image
- Print run over 50,000: $100 / image
Public exhibit/display (wall decoration, museum exhibit, video kiosk, Powerpoint slide show, etc.):
- Non-profit/educational (under 12 months’ duration): $25 / image
- Non-profit/educational (over 12 months’ duration): $50 / image
- Commercial (under 12 months’ duration): $100 / image
- Commercial (over 12 months’ duration): $125 / image
Internet use (website, social media, blog post, etc.)
- Non-profit/educational: $50 / image
- Commercial: $100 / image
- As part of e-book, online edition of a print periodical, or online promotion for a publication or exhibit: $20 + relevant print or exhibit fee / image
Conrad R. Lam Archives
A Division of the Sladen Libraries of Henry Ford Health System
One Ford Place, 5H
Detroit, Michigan 48202
(313) 874-6948 Phone
(313) 874-5442 Fax
Julia Pope - Archivist