Program Director: Michael Simoff, M.D.
Our interventional pulmonology (IP) program, founded in the late 1990s, is one of the most experienced in the U.S. We can offer patients the most options for managing complex airways disease as well as provide advanced diagnostic procedures to assist in evaluating each patient’s condition.
- Make a Referral
- Required Referral Information
- Patient Evaluation and Treatment Algorithms
- Transferring Patients to Henry Ford Hospital
- Tumor Board Evaluation
Our goal is to assist physicians in the evaluation or management of a chest or airways problem. We consider ourselves partners with the referring physician in the management of the patient's problem. After an advanced diagnostic evaluation, we send the pathology reports to the patient’s physician as soon as they are available and have been checked by one of our IP staff, usually 4 days after the procedure is completed. The referring physician will receive our consultation report, procedure reports, pathology reports, and any other results of tests performed as part of the patient’s evaluation.
- Evaluation and treatment of malignant and benign pulmonary diseases.
- Complete lymph node staging for lung cancer patients, diagnostics on small peripheral nodules, or a combination of both at one visit for those patients in whom this is most applicable.
- Aggressive management of endobronchial tumor growth as well as extrinsic airway compression.
- Comprehensive management of tracheal stenosis, tracheobronchomalacia, tracheoesophageal fistulas, airway papillomas, and post-surgical bronchopleural fistulas.
- Single and bilateral whole lung lavage for pulmonary alveolar proteinosis.