- University of Baghdad, 2003
Residencies & Internships
- Henry Ford Hospital, General Surgery, MI, 2016
- Vita Salute University - San Raffaele Hospital, Urology, 2012
- Henry Ford Hospital, Minimally Invasive Surgery/Bariatric Surgery, MI, 2018
Member of the Henry Ford Cancer Institute
I specialize in robotic surgery for prostate cancer offering several technique alternatives, including the Retzius-sparing technique, which is associated with better urination control recovery after surgery as compared to the conventional technique. I also specialize in robotic surgery for kidney cancer, adrenal tumors and bladder cancer, as well as surgical management of testicular and penile cancers. Besides Oncology, I perform robotic surgery for blockages of the ureter, including robotic pyeloplasty for ureteropelvic junction obstruction and robotic ureteroplasty or ureteral reimplant for ureteral strictures.
- Director, Vattikuti Urology Institute Center for Outcomes Research Analytics and Evaluation
- Vice-Chair of Academics & Research, Department of Urology
Dr. Abdollah is an extremely prolific researcher, with almost 300 published peer-reviewed articles, hundreds of abstracts, and several book chapters. His studies focus mainly on prostate cancer, kidney cancer, and bladder cancer. Besides oncology, Dr. Abdollah has studied several health care issues, such as racial disparity in urological care. Several of Dr. Abdollah articles are included in the national and international guidelines. He has participated as a speaker and chaired several urological meetings.
Awards & Honors
- Best poster award, meeting of the American Urological Association, San Francisco, CA (2018)
- Article of the Month - March issue of the British Journal of Urology International (2018)
- First Prize for the Best Abstract, 33rd Annual European Association of Urology Congress, Copenhagen, Denmark (2018)
- Outstanding reviewer for cancer (2017)
- Article of the Month - November issue of the British Journal of Urology International (2015)