Expert Prostate Cancer Care
Advanced treatment options for prostate cancer.
A prostate cancer diagnosis requires the most experienced team of experts by your side. At Henry Ford Cancer, we are pioneers in innovative and minimally invasive surgical techniques for treating prostate cancer and have performed more than 16,000 robotic prostatectomies. We’re also revolutionizing prostate cancer diagnosis by offering a one-stop clinic that delivers fast, accurate results in less than 48 hours.
We use the most advanced treatments whenever possible, including options to help improve return of sexual function and urinary continence after surgery, and to get you back to your normal activities sooner. As our patient, you can expect:
- A personalized treatment plan based on your needs and a thorough review of your diagnosis by our tumor board
- A team of prostate cancer specialists working together for you, including urologists, surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and men’s health experts
- Minimally invasive surgical options including single-port (SP) robotic surgery, that offer faster recovery times, and less discomfort and scarring
- A dedicated prostate cancer nurse navigator to support you along the way
Faster recovery. Less scarring.
Fast, accurate prostate cancer diagnosis
Your prostate cancer care starts with an accurate diagnosis. Using state-of-the art technology, we offer a one-stop diagnostic process for prostate cancer that includes a prostate MRI, targeted biopsy and a pathology diagnosis in less than 48 hours.
Your prostate cancer treatment plan
At Henry Ford, we are leaders in the field of prostate cancer therapies and prostate tumor surgery, offering:
- Unmatched experience in innovative and minimally invasive prostate cancer surgery, including single-port robotic surgery for greater precision and shorter recovery times
- World-first MRI-guided radiation therapy that combines advanced technology with real-time tumor imaging to deliver accurate, precise treatment
- Non-invasive prostate cancer treatment for men with localized prostate cancer
- Customized chemotherapy and hormone therapy treatments
- Clinical trial opportunities for patients with all stages of prostate cancer
Our team will work with you to create a personalized prostate cancer treatment plan based on your cancer diagnosis, your health needs, and your concerns.
Support during prostate cancer treatment and beyond
Your care team includes a nurse navigator who will be there for you throughout your treatment for medical and personal needs that may arise along the way. Your nurse navigator will guide you and your loved ones through the intricacies of scheduling appointments, prepare you so you know what to expect each step of the way, and answer your questions.
Hope for Black Men
When Dana Sturges learned he had prostate cancer, he asked for help from his physician-friend. Then oncologist specialist treated him with highly effective, modified radiation. Black men are at a higher risk.