- University of Baghdad College of Medicine, 2003
Residencies & Internships
- Henry Ford Hospital, General Surgery, MI, 2016
- Vita Salute University - San Raffaele Hospital, Urology, 2012
- Henry Ford Hospital, Minimally Invasive Surgery/Bariatric Surgery, MI, 2018
Member of the Henry Ford Cancer Institute
Titles: Director, Vattikuti Urology Institute Center for Outcomes Research Analytics and Evaluation
I specialize in robotic surgery for prostate cancer offering several technique alternatives, including the Retzius-sparing technique, which is associated with better urination control recovery after surgery as compared to the conventional technique. I also specialize in robotic surgery for kidney cancer, adrenal tumors and bladder cancer, as well as surgical management of testicular and penile cancers. Besides Oncology, I perform robotic surgery for blockages of the ureter, including robotic pyeloplasty for ureteropelvic junction obstruction and robotic ureteroplasty or ureteral reimplant for ureteral strictures.
Dr. Abdollah is an extremely prolific researcher, with almost 300 published peer-reviewed articles, hundreds of abstracts, and several book chapters. His studies focus mainly on prostate cancer, kidney cancer, and bladder cancer. Besides oncology, Dr. Abdollah has studied several health care issues, such as racial disparity in urological care. Several of Dr. Abdollah articles are included in the national and international guidelines. He has participated as a speaker and chaired several urological meetings.
Awards & Honors:
- 2015 Article of the Month - November issue of the British Journal of Urology International
- 2017 Outstanding reviewer for Cancer
- 2018 First Prize for the Best Abstract, 33rd Annual European Association of Urology Congress
- 2018 Article of the Month - March 2018 issue of the British Journal of Urology International
- 2018 Best poster award, meeting of the American Urological Association, San Francesco, CA