Updated: August 18, 2021
Henry Ford Allegiance Health is committed to keeping our patients and their loved ones connected while delivering safe, high-quality care. We are happy to allow visitors, with limited exceptions, under these guidelines:
- Patients who are not confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19, may have visitors 24 hours a day.
- Patients who are confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19 are not allowed visitors, except for limited exceptions as detailed in the Temporary Visitor Restrictions policy.
- Between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m., all visitors must enter through the Emergency Department because the Main Entrance is closed during those hours.
- Visitors must successfully complete a COVID-19 screening upon entry.
- All visitors must be 12 years of age or older, unless approved to visit by the health care team.
- All visitors must wear a mask over their nose and mouth for the entire length of their visit.
- Special visitor restrictions apply for the Emergency Department, Surgical Care, and Women & Children’s Services:
- Emergency Department patients are limited to one visitor unless approved by the health care team.
- Surgical Care patients will be allowed one visitor on the day of surgery.
- Special Care Nursery allows visits from one birth parent or guardian. All visitors should stay in the room for the duration of the visit.
- Pediatrics Unit allows one parent/guardian to visit, who may switch with one other parent/guardian, if needed. All visitors must stay in the room for the duration of the visit.
- Obstetric patients may have one person accompany them who should remain in the room for the duration of the visit.
Please note, Henry Ford Allegiance Health’s visitor policy is subject to change if COVID-19 cases begin to rise in our community.
Learn more about visitor restrictions at Henry Ford facilities.