Notice: To protect our patients, visitors and team members, temporary measures are in place that restrict routine visiting by family, friends and the community at all Henry Ford Allegiance Health locations.
Visitation is allowed when necessary for the provision of medical care, support of activities of daily living, exercise of power of attorney or court-appointed guardianship, end of life, or other situations noted below or approved by HFHS leadership.
The following visitors are allowed in all settings:
- Visitors with power of attorney/surrogate decision-makers or court-appointed guardianship may visit as necessary for the purpose of exercising these powers; visitor must remain in the room for the duration of the visit.
- Visitors who are needed to assist patients with physical or mental disabilities of any kind, including patients who are deaf, hard of hearing and blind; visitor must remain in the room for the duration of the visit.
- Drivers for patients undergoing surgery, procedures or emergency care; driver must remain in designated waiting area and must leave the facility as soon as possible after the encounter.
- Personnel providing services to patients (e.g., interpreter services); these personnel are allowed in the facility for the time needed to provide the service.
- Spouses/partners may attend the patient's prenatal ultrasound visit after passing screening but may not attend other prenatal appointments.
- Vendors providing essential business or services, in compliance with Guidelines for Vendors During COVID-19 Pandemic. (Vendors providing non-essential services or business must conduct all business virtually, by appointment only.)
- Patients in COVID-19 positive units may have clergy visitations in compassionate care situations including end-of-life. Patients in non-COVID units may have clergy visits at any reasonable time, as long as the visit does not disrupt clinical care. Visiting clergy must follow hospital safety policies, including COVID-19 screening, wearing a mask and additional PPE, as appropriate to the patient’s diagnosis.
- Employees may visit family or friends in a visitor capacity if they qualify as one of the listed allowances.