Henry Ford awards and recognition
- Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award (2011): The nation’s highest presidential honor for performance excellence through innovation, improvement, and visionary leadership. Henry Ford was of one of only four organizations, and the only one in Michigan, to receive the award that year.
- John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Award (2011): The National Quality Forum (NQF) and The Joint Commission recognized Henry Ford’s No Harm Campaign for successfully reducing harm by 26 percent and system-wide mortality by 12 percent from 2008 to 2011.
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital awards and recognition
- Press Ganey provides patient satisfaction surveys, management reports, and national comparative databases for health care systems. We received these Press Ganey awards:
- Guardian of Excellence Award (2014): Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital’s Behavioral Health Services received this award, along with Henry Ford Health Center-Brownstown Ambulatory Surgery, Emergency Department and Outpatient Services.
- Summit Award: Granted to our Henry Ford Health Center-Brownstown for Ambulatory Surgery, Emergency Department, and Outpatient Services. Summit Award winners have ranked in the 95th percentile or above in the Press Ganey database for a minimum of three consecutive years.
- Healthgrades is the leading online resource for comprehensive information about doctors and hospitals. Nearly 1 million people use Healthgrades websites each day. We received these Healthgrades awards:
- Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence (2012 – 2016): The designation was given to only 260 hospitals. We were recognized in the areas of cardiac, neurosciences, pulmonary, gastrointestinal, critical care and women’s health.
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals (2015 and 2016): For two years in a row, we are ranked among the top 2 percent of hospitals in the country with the lowest mortality and complication rates for 32 of the most common procedures and diagnoses.
- Corporate Citizen Award (2009): Granted by the Southern Wayne County Regional Chamber of Commerce.
Our level III trauma center
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital has one of the busiest emergency departments in Michigan, handling more than 60,000 emergency room visits each year.
We are verified as a Level III trauma center. The designation is made by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and Committee on Trauma. We earned this title through a lengthy evaluation process in which ACS trauma surgeons determined we were providing optimal care for injured patients.
Our level III trauma center provides prompt assessment, resuscitation, emergency operations, and stabilization. Additional services include:
- 24-hour immediate coverage by emergency medicine doctors
- Active outreach program for referring communities
- Backup care for rural and community hospitals
- Continued education of our nursing and trauma teams
- Involvement in prevention programs
- Prompt availability of general surgeons and anesthesiologists