DETROIT – Henry Ford Health System recently hosted its seventh-annual Clara Ford Nursing Excellence Awards ceremony at Henry Ford Hospital. Six registered nurses from Henry Ford were honored for their dedication to patients, the community and the health system.
This year, more than 60 nurses from throughout the health system were nominated. Each nomination was based upon Henry Ford’s new True North Vision.
“The Clara Ford Nursing Excellence Award categories and criteria align with Henry Ford Health System’s True North Vision: We will be the trusted partner in health, leading the nation in superior care and value,” said Veronica Hall, R.N., chief nursing officer of Henry Ford Health System. “The nurses who were honored this year embody that vision and consistently provide exceptional care for our patients.”
The 2018 Clara Ford Nursing Excellence Award recipients by category are:
- Affordable, Efficient Care that Provides Value
- Susan Clelland, R.N., Henry Ford Medical Group
- Compassionate & Committed People
- Joy Sterrett, R.N., Henry Ford Allegiance Health
- Rachelle McFarland, R.N., Community Care Services
- Safest Care and Best Outcomes
- Danielle Bastien, R.N., Henry Ford Hospital
- Exceptional Experience
- Lucinda Clos, R.N., Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
- Angela Smitka, R.N., Henry Ford Hospital
Henry Ford Health System’s Chief Nurse Executive Council served as the selection committee. The nominations were blinded, with no name or business unit attached, ensuring winners were selected based solely upon the merit of the nominee.
Established in 2012, this award was named in honor of Clara Ford, who was instrumental in the opening of the Henry Ford Hospital School of Nursing in 1925. With the history of Henry Ford nursing as its foundation, the Clara Ford Nursing Excellence Awards are bestowed upon nurses who are nominated by their colleagues and patient families.