Board Certification and Education
- American Board of Plastic Surgery - Plastic Surgery
- Duke University School of Medicine, NC, 2009
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, Plastic Surgery, MI, 2016
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery, PA, 2017
As a plastic surgeon, I have the privilege of performing both reconstructive and cosmetic procedures. Plastic surgery isn't necessarily about life and death — it is about improving quality of life. My ultimate goal is to restore or enhance an individual’s form and function. I can operate from head to toe, on children as well as adults, and on both simple and complex types of cases.
I have specialized training in microvascular reconstruction, which allows me to perform complicated surgeries in which I can transplant one’s own tissue to repair another part of the body by sewing together tiny arteries and veins under the microscope. Not only do I operate on vessels, but I also operate on nerves, tendons, muscles and bone. My training in microvascular surgery underscores my attention to detail and meticulousness in the operating room for all cases that I perform. I like to treat my patients the way I would treat a family member.
Some of my particular interests are breast surgery (reductions, lifts, augmentation, reconstruction); facial skin cancer reconstruction; periocular rejuvenation (eye lift, brow lift), rhinoplasty (nose reshaping to improve appearance or breathing), and body contouring (abdominoplasty, panniculectomy, upper and lower body lift, liposuction).
Dr. Ambani's physician assistant is Rachel Share.
- Medical Director of Plastic Surgery, Henry Ford Health (Jackson, MI)
"I am a safe, compassionate and knowledgeable surgeon with an artistic eye. I am passionate about my work and a perfectionist at heart. I try to understand my patients and their reconstructive or aesthetic goals. It is truly rewarding—the task of making my patients feel confident and whole again."
- Venous thromboembolism
- Breast reconstruction
- Breast reduction
Awards & Honors
- 2022 TRAILBLAZER AWARD, HENRY FORD JACKSON - Awarded to the physician "who had the courage to lead the medical staff and organization to enhance the level of care we provide."
- Plastic Surgery Foundation Research Fellowship, Regenerative Peripheral Nerve Interfaces in the Rat Model
- Frederick A. Coller Society Research Fellowship, Regenerative Peripheral Nerve Interfaces in the Rat Model
- Best Overall Paper Award, for “Standard Fixed Enoxaparin Dosing Leads to Low Peak Anti-Factor Xa Levels in Microsurgical Free Flap Patients.” 60th Annual Meeting of the Ohio Valley Society of Plastic Surgeons, Pittsburgh, PA
- Best Research Paper Resident Award, for “Regenerative Peripheral Nerve Interfaces for Neuroma Relief in Humans.” The American Society of Peripheral Nerve Annual Meeting, Scottsdale, AZ
- Henry Ford Jackson Hospital