- American Board of Plastic Surgery - Plastic Surgery
- Duke University School of Medicine, NC, 2009
Residencies & Internships
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, Plastic Surgery, MI, 2016
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery, PA, 2017
Title: Medical Director of Plastic Surgery, Henry Ford Allegiance Health (Jackson, MI)
As a plastic surgeon, I have the privilege of performing both reconstructive and cosmetic procedures. Plastic surgery isn't necessarily about life and death — it is about improving quality of life. My ultimate goal is to restore or enhance an individual’s form and function. I can operate from head to toe, on children as well as adults, and on both simple and complex types of cases.
I have specialized training in microvascular reconstruction, which allows me to perform complicated surgeries in which I can transplant one’s own tissue to repair another part of the body by sewing together tiny arteries and veins under the microscope. Not only do I operate on vessels, but I also operate on nerves, tendons, muscles and bone.
Some of my particular interests include breast reconstruction and other breast surgery, skin cancer reconstruction, rhinoplasty (nose reshaping to improve appearance or breathing), facial rejuvenation (facelift, eye lift, brow lift), body contouring (liposuction, abdominoplasty, lower body lift), lymphedema surgery (lymphovenous bypass), hand surgery and lower extremity reconstruction.
I am a safe, compassionate and knowledgeable surgeon with an artistic eye. I am passionate about my work and a perfectionist at heart. I try to understand my patients and their reconstructive or aesthetic goals. It is truly rewarding—the task of making my patients feel confident and whole again.
- Venous thromboembolism
- Breast reconstruction
- Peripheral nerve surgery
Awards and Honors
- Plastic Surgery Foundation Research Fellowship, Regenerative Peripheral Nerve Interfaces in the Rat Model
- Frederick A. Coller Society Research Fellowship, Regenerative Peripheral Nerve Interfaces in the Rat Model
- Best Overall Paper Award, for “Standard Fixed Enoxaparin Dosing Leads to Low Peak Anti-Factor Xa Levels in Microsurgical Free Flap Patients.” 60th Annual Meeting of the Ohio Valley Society of Plastic Surgeons, Pittsburgh, PA
- Best Research Paper Resident Award, for “Regenerative Peripheral Nerve Interfaces for Neuroma Relief in Humans.” The American Society of Peripheral Nerve Annual Meeting, Scottsdale, AZ
The last step in your weight loss journey could be body contouring surgery. Learn how it works, the benefits of surgery and how to recuperate afterward.
Henry Ford Allegiance Health Center - Cascade Ridge
- Henry Ford Allegiance Health