- American Board of Internal Medicine - Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Disease
- Madras Med College Univ of Madras, 1991
Residencies & Internships
- Henry Ford Hospital, Internal Medicine, MI, 1996
- Henry Ford Hospital, Internal Medicine, MI, 1995
- Beaumont Hospital - Royal Oak, Cardiac Imaging, MI, 2006
- University of Ottawa, Nuclear Medicine, 2003
- Henry Ford Hospital, Cardiovascular, MI, 1999
- Henry Ford Hospital, MI, 1999
I specialize in Cardiovascular Imaging, Coronary Disease, Adult Congenital Heart Disease.
I would like my patients to be assured that under my care they can be confident that I apply evidence-based clinical information with required cardiac testing to provide the best and optimal care. I respect shared decision-making in their health and focus on their needs, preferences and make their safety and choice under my care the first priority.
I am currently the Director of Nuclear Cardiology and Cardiac PET Laboratory at Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital. My area of expertise also includes valvular heart disease, cardiac risk assessment, and in all forms of heart imaging, such as echocardiography, nuclear cardiology, cardiac CT and cardiac MRI, and cardiac PET. I also specialize in care of patients with specific heart muscle diseases such as amyloidosis, sarcoidosis and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. I also care for adults with congenital heart problems, where I have received formal certification apart from general cardiology and cardiac imaging.
I want to assure patients coming to see me that they will receive timely, compassionate, and evidence-based care, and the most balanced recommendation for their cardiovascular health. I am focused on the reduction of patient risk by avoiding unnecessary procedures and reducing radiation risk for patients from heart procedures. Choosing the best for my patients is my top priority.
- Director, Nuclear Cardiology and Cardiac PET
- Professor Of Medicine, Wayne State University
My research interests include: amyloidosis, sarcoidosis, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, valve disease, adult congenital heart disease, echocardiography, nuclear cardiology and PET, and advanced cardiac imaging (CT and MRI).
Awards and Honors
- Distinguished Service Award, Heart and Vascular Institute (2019 and 2021)
- Best Teacher Award, Heart and Vascular Institute (2021)
- Service Award, Board of Directors, American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (2021)
- Top Docs Recognition by HOUR Detroit and Castle Connolly
Professional Society Membership
- American College of Angiology (Fellow)
- American College of Cardiology (Fellow)
- American Society of Echocardiography (Fellow)
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (Fellow)
- Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (Member)
- Society Of Cardiovascular Computed tomography (Member)
- North American Society of Cardiovascular Imaging (Member)
In just 15 minutes, a coronary calcium scan can give you a picture of the calcium plaque buildup in your heart. It can inspire lifestyle changes or trigger lifesaving interventions.
Not only does it feel good to laugh, but laughter is proven to have positive effects on your mental health, immune system and heart health.
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital