- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Interventional Cardiology
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Med, PA, 2010
Residencies & Internships
- Indiana University Med Center, Internal Medicine, IN, 2013
- Henry Ford Hospital, Cardiology - Interventional, MI, 2017
- Henry Ford Hospital, Cardiology, MI, 2016
Dr. Basir specializes in the treatment of complex heart blockages with balloon and stents. He is one of a handful of people in the country who has completed dedicated training in specialized techniques to open chronic total occlusions or heart blockages that have been completely blocked for more than 3 months. He is also a national leader in the treatment of cardiogenic shock and lectures around the world on the use small temporary heart pumps when the heart is failing to during complex procedures.
Care Philosophy: I believe in taking care of my patients just as I would my own loved ones and family. Having troubles with your heart and needing procedures can be a scary and worrisome experience. I want to be able to hold my patients hand and let them know I will be there for them throughout the procedure to help with any concerns they have and to perform the procedure safely and effectively.
Dr. Basir is highly published in the treatment of cardiogenic shock when the heart fails due to a heart attack, heart blockage or weakness in the heart muscle. He lectures internationally on the topic and has published numerous article of the subject. Dr. Basir also has published on the treatment of highly complex heart blockage in numerous publications.