Tamer N Boules, MD
Specialties: Vascular Surgery, Surgery
Board Certification and Education
- American Board of Surgery - Surgery
- American Board of Surgery - Vascular Surgery
- University of Michigan, MI, 1998
- University of Michigan, Surgery, MI, 2004
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Vascular Surgery, PA, 2006
Dr. Boules received his medical degree from the University of Michigan Medical School and went on to complete his internship and residency in General Surgery, as well as a fellowship in Surgical Critical Care at the University of Michigan Hospitals in Ann Arbor. He subsequently completed a fellowship in Vascular and Endovascular Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He is board certified in General and Vascular Surgery.
Dr. Boules practices the full spectrum of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery exclusively, with a special interest in aortic, carotid, and lower extremity arterial disease. In addition to offering standard open surgical therapies for vascular disease (such as open aortic aneurysm repair, carotid endarterectomy, and lower extremity bypass), he has extensive training and experience in minimally invasive procedures, now available as an alternative to open surgery for most patients. These include:
- Carotid Artery Angioplasty and Stenting
- Lower Extremity Arterial Angioplasty, Stenting, as well as Atherectomy
- Endovascular Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair (EVAR)
- Thoracic Endovascular Aneurysm Repair (TEVAR)
- Endovascular Popliteal Aneurysm Repair
- Renal and Mesenteric Artery Angioplasty and Stenting
- Endovenous Laser Ablation Therapy (EVLT), for treatment of varicose veins and venous insufficiency
Dr. Boules is a member of the Henry Ford Medical Group.
- Section Chief – Vascular Surgery, Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
- Director of Vascular Services – Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
"I believe in treating my patients as if they were members of my own family, caring for them always with dignity, compassion, and respect. My priority is to provide them with the highest quality vascular care through clear explanations of all the available treatment options, taking into account each individual's unique situation."
Videos and Articles
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital