Board Certification and Education
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery - Otolaryngology
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (fka Finch University), IL, 2009
- SUNY Upstate Medical University, Oto Head/Neck Surg, NY, 2014
- University of Pennsylvania, Rhinology, PA, 2015
I specialize in endoscopic sinus surgery and minimally invasive endoscopic skull-based surgery.
John R. Craig, M.D., joined Henry Ford Medical Group as the division chief of rhinology in the department of otolaryngology, and is a co-director of the Skull Base. Pituitary and Endoscopy Center in conjunction with the Department of Neurosurgery. Dr. Craig completed his fellowship training in rhinology and endoscopic skull base surgery at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA. He completed his otolaryngology residency training at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY. He earned his medical degree at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science in Chicago, IL, and he earned his bachelor's degree at Cornell University in Ithaca, NY.
Dr. Craig is committed to providing the highest quality patient care and focuses on the management of complex sinus, nasal, and skull base disorders. Surgically he focuses on complex and revision endoscopic sinus surgery, advanced frontal sinus surgery, and more extended endoscopic approaches to treat pathology of the sinuses, cranial base, brain, and orbit. Complex pathologies affecting these areas include benign and malignant tumors, cysts, encephaloceles, and cerebrospinal fluid leaks.
In addition to his surgical practice, Dr. Craig conducts clinical and translational research relating to complex sinus and skull base disease and surgery. He has presented his research at national conferences, and has published a number of articles in different peer-reviewed journals. His research interests have included improving topical medication delivery to the sinuses, developing new surgical maneuvers in both sinus and nasal surgery, cadaveric anatomy studies, and other topics in rhinology.
Read how a multi-disciplinary surgery by Dr. John Craig and Dr. Swapna Vemuri helped patient Natalie Zoccola find relief from a nasolacrimal duct obstruction.
- Division Chief of Rhinology, Department of Otolaryngology
- Co-Director, Skull Base. Pituitary and Endoscopy Center
- Odontogenic sinusitis
- Maneuvers to optimize sinus and nasal surgery
- Endoscopic CSF leak repair
- Outcomes in sinus and skull base surgery
Awards and Honors
- Triologic Society Thesis (2019)
- Outstanding Resident Teaching Award (2018 and 2020)
- "Top Docs," Hour Detroit (2017 - present)
Videos and Articles
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford Jackson Hospital
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital - Clinton Township
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital