- American Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Interventional Cardiology
- Northwestern University Medical School, IL, 2014
Residencies & Internships
- McGaw Medical Center Northwestern University, Internal Medcine, IL, 2017
- Henry Ford Hospital, Structural Heart Disease, MI, 2022
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Interventional Cardiology, TX, 2021
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Cardiovascular Disease, TX, 2020
Dr. Engel earned his medical degree at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, where he also completed a residency in internal medicine. He then received advanced training at University of Texas Southwestern through fellowships in cardiovascular disease and interventional cardiology. He completed further training with a fellowship in Structural Heart Interventions at Henry Ford Hospital where he worked with pioneers in the field of structural heart disease. Throughout his training he has received many accolades and awards for his clinical work, research activities, and teaching.
I believe in working together with my patients to help them understand their heart and vascular conditions. I strive to provide the best options available for treatment, and help my patients select a personalized plan tailored to the goals of each individual. I will take the time to explain in detail the state of your heart disease, as well as the proposed diagnostic tests and possible interventions. I will also be available to answer any questions that might come up at any point in time. My goal is to help my patients get better by delivering excellent and compassionate medical care using minimally invasive procedures when indicated.
- Developing and utilizing patient registries to evaluate outcomes related to minimally-invasive heart valve operations.
- Leveraging electronic tools to identify patients with significant valvular disease at an earlier stage.
Awards & Honors
- ACC Finalist Fellow-in-training National Jeopardy Contest. 68th Scientific Session
- CVI 2020 Challenging Case Competition Finalist (Structural Category)
- TCT Connect 2020 Top 15 Challenging Cases
- CVI Endovascular Case Competition; 1st Place in Advance Techniques to Cross Complicated Femoropopliteal CTOs
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital