Board Certification and Education
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- SUNY Upstate Medical University, NY, 2016
- Albany Medical College, Internal Medicine, NY, 2019
- Strong Memorial Hospital, Internal Medicine, NY, 2017
- Albany Medical College, Cardiovascular Disease, NY, 2022
Dr. Peterson has completed most of her training in New York state and is very excited to bring her training and skill set to the Metro Detroit population of Michigan. She has specific clinical interests in cardiovascular fitness and prevention of disease. She also has a special interest in women's cardiovascular disease and has expertise in imaging techniques such as echocardiography.
I believe in a patient-centered approach to care and a holistic model. My goal is to treat my patient as a whole, and not at as a specific disease entity or diagnosis. I value and encourage my patients to lead healthy lifestyles and place an emphasis on prevention of cardiovascular disease.
Dr. Peterson’s research interests include challenges in risk stratifying and optimizing lipid management in women. She also has published in the field of echocardiography and novel markers of predicting heart failure readmission.
Videos and Articles