The Lifestyle Enhancement Visit
The first appointment, or “Lifestyle Enhancement Visit,” is a two-hour evaluation, which includes:
- A “Bod Pod” evaluation: Clients enter an enclosed pod for a detailed analysis of their body composition - fat, muscle and water weight
- A treadmill stress test for fitness assessment and exercise prescription with a Henry Ford exercise physiologist
- Nutrition counseling with a Henry Ford registered dietitian
- An overview of findings and implementation planning with an RN Integrative Wellness Advocate and Certified Wellness Practitioner
- The possibility of a free FitBit® as part of participation in a Women’s Heart Center research project
- At the end of the evaluation, each client will receive personalized prescriptions for a Nutrition Plan and Exercise Plan, which is based on the most recent guidelines from the American Heart Association.
The Lifestyle Enhancement Visit is covered by most insurance plans.
To make an appointment at the Women’s Heart Center located at the Center for Athletic Medicine (CAM in Detroit), call (313) 876-4540.