Take our interactive online heart disease health risk assessment today to learn exactly what areas of your heart health need attention.
Women's Heart Center
The Henry Ford Women’s Heart Center, part of the pioneering Edith and Benson Ford Heart & Vascular Center, is now accepting patients in Detroit’s Midtown neighborhood. Henry Ford cardiologist, Deirdre Mattina, M.D., and the team at the Women’s Heart Center are focused on providing life-changing support to women with heart disease or cardiovascular risk factors.
Dr. Deirdre Mattina, preventive cardiologist and director of the Women’s Heart Center, sat down and talked about the advice she gives to family and friends. Find out three specific actions you can take to reduce your risk of heart disease.Watch Now
The Lifestyle Enhancement Visit
The first appointment, or “Lifestyle Enhancement Visit,” is a two-hour evaluation, which includes:
- A “Bod Pod” evaluation: Clients enter an enclosed pod for a detailed analysis of their body composition - fat, muscle and water weight
- A treadmill stress test for fitness assessment and exercise prescription with a Henry Ford exercise physiologist
- Nutrition counseling with a Henry Ford registered dietitian
- An overview of findings and implementation planning with an RN Integrative Wellness Advocate and Certified Wellness Practitioner
- At the end of the evaluation, each client will receive personalized prescriptions for a Nutrition Plan and Exercise Plan, which is based on the most recent guidelines from the American Heart Association.
The Lifestyle Enhancement Visit is covered by most insurance plans.
Postpartum Heart Program
Giving birth can be one of the most beautiful moments in a women’s life but, for some women with prior pregnancy–related complications, giving birth can present a higher risk for cardiovascular events in the 10-15 years following their pregnancy. Through the Postpartum Heart Program, our team of specialists is committed to addressing these risk factors and providing our clients with the tools to minimize their future cardiovascular risks.
To make an appointment at the Women’s Heart Center located at the Center for Athletic Medicine (CAM in Detroit), call (313) 876-4540.