Women's Heart Center
The Henry Ford Women’s Heart Center, part of the pioneering Edith and Benson Ford Heart & Vascular Center, is now accepting patients in Detroit’s Midtown neighborhood. Henry Ford cardiologist, Dr. Deirdre Mattina and the team at the Women’s Heart Center are focused on providing life-changing support to women with heart disease or cardiovascular risk factors.
The Lifestyle Enhancement Visit
The first appointment, or “Lifestyle Enhancement Visit,” is a two-hour evaluation, which includes:
- A “Bod Pod” evaluation: Clients enter an enclosed pod for a detailed analysis of their body composition - fat, muscle and water weight
- A treadmill stress test for fitness assessment and exercise prescription with a Henry Ford exercise physiologist
- Nutrition counseling with a Henry Ford registered dietitian
- An overview of findings and implementation planning with an RN Integrative Wellness Advocate and Certified Wellness Practitioner
- The possibility of a free FitBit® as part of participation in a Women’s Heart Center research project
- At the end of the evaluation, each client will receive personalized prescriptions for a Nutrition Plan and Exercise Plan, which is based on the most recent guidelines from the American Heart Association.
The Lifestyle Enhancement Visit is covered by most insurance plans.
To make an appointment at the Women’s Heart Center located at the Center for Athletic Medicine (CAM in Detroit), call (313) 876-4540.
Introducing the WomenHeart Support Network
WomenHeart is a National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease and is the only national organization dedicated to advancing women’s heart health through advocacy, community education and patient support.
As the leading voice for the 41 million American women living or at risk of heart disease, WomenHeart advocates for equal access to quality care and provides information and resources to help women take charge of their heart health.
Join the free WomenHeart Support Network, a monthly meeting where women have the opportunity to connect with other women dedicated to improving their cardiovascular health. At each meeting there will be a Henry Ford expert to educate and provide helpful tips to improve heart health.
WomenHeart Support Network meetings will be held monthly on Wednesday evenings from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Center For Athletic Medicine
For more information or to register, email the Henry Ford WomenHeart Support Network.