- American Board of Internal Medicine - Medical Oncology
- University of Baghdad, 1977
Residencies & Internships
- Al Taji Military Hospital, 1980
- Medical City University Hospital, 1978
- University of Texas Health Science Center - Houston, Medical Oncology, TX, 1995
Member of the Henry Ford Cancer Institute
Philip A. Philip, M.D., Ph.D., is an internationally renowned medical oncologist specializing in gastrointestinal cancers. He has led numerous breakthroughs in the areas of pancreatic and neuroendocrine tumors. His depth of expertise in research and treatment is matched by his passion for team and personalized patient care.
Dr. Philip's extensive influence in various national and international arenas includes chairing the GI committee for SWOG (the NCI-sponsored clinical trials collaborative), serving on the NCI's Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program committee, authoring more than 200 publications, co-editing a book on pancreatic cancer and serving as an international/national lecturer with more than 400 presentations. He is an awarded professor at Wayne State University.
- Director, Gastrointestinal Oncology
- Co-Director, Pancreatic Cancer Center
- Medical Director, Research and Clinical Care Integration, Henry Ford Cancer Institute
Awards & Honors
- Best Doctors of America
- Heroes of Cancer Award, KCI/KCC
- Wayne State University School of Medicine Teaching
- Outstanding Instructor in Oncology Award, WSU Voted one of Best Doctors Inc.