- American Board of Internal Medicine - Interventional Cardiology
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Disease
- Loyola University of Chicago - Stritch School Medicine, IL, 1994
Residencies & Internships
- Indiana University Medical Center/Department of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, IN
- University of Michigan Health System, Clinical Cardiology, MI
- University of Michigan Health System, Interventional Cardiology, MI
I am board certified in both interventional cardiology and cardiovascular disease. As an interventional cardiologist, I perform tests and nonsurgical procedures to help people with blocked arteries or congenital (from birth) heart disease avoid having open-heart surgery.
The most common test I perform is a cardiac catheterization, which gives me direct information about the blood pressures and blood flow patterns within the heart. If a blood vessel blockage is detected, I can often perform angioplasty at the same time. This is a procedure to open the blockage and restore normal blood flow. We often insert a tiny mesh tube (stent) into the artery to keep it open.
- Medical Director, Henry Ford Allegiance Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory