- American Board of Colon & Rectal Surgery - Colon & Rectal Surgery
- American Board of Surgery - Surgery
- American Board of Surgery - Surgical Critical Care
- University of Michigan, MI, 1992
Residencies & Internships
- Ochsner Clinic, Colon & Rectal Surgery, LA, 2001
- Henry Ford Hospital, General Surgery I, MI, 1999
- University of Michigan, Surgical Critical, MI, 2000
I specialize in colon and rectal surgery
I specialize in colon and rectal tumors, inflammatory bowel disease, surgical management of fecal incontinence, minimally invasive surgery and colonoscopy.
Currently, I am the Director of Research - Division of Colon & Rectal Surgery and the Director of Clinical Skills and Simulator Lab - Department of Surgery for Henry Ford Health System.
My medical degree is from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. I went on to complete post-graduate training in General Surgery at Henry Ford Hospital, followed by additional training in Surgical Critical Care at the University of Michigan, and a fellowship in Colon and Rectal Surgery at the Ochsner Clinic in New Orleans.
My board certifications include the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery, American Board of Surgery and American Board of Surgery: Critical Care.
I use evidence-based modern surgical treatment in an open and compassionate setting, based on patients feelings and beliefs.