- American Board of Colon & Rectal Surgery - Colon & Rectal Surgery
- American Board of Surgery - Surgery
- American Board of Surgery - Surgical Critical Care
- University of Michigan, MI, 1992
Residencies & Internships
- Ochsner Clinic, Colon & Rectal Surgery, LA, 2001
- Henry Ford Hospital, General Surgery, MI, 1999
- University of Michigan, Surgical Critical Care, MI, 2000
Member of the Henry Ford Cancer Institute
I specialize in colon and rectal surgery
I specialize in colon and rectal tumors, inflammatory bowel disease, surgical management of fecal incontinence, minimally invasive surgery and colonoscopy.
Currently, I am the Director of Research - Division of Colon & Rectal Surgery and the Director of Clinical Skills and Simulator Lab - Department of Surgery for Henry Ford Health System.
My medical degree is from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. I went on to complete post-graduate training in General Surgery at Henry Ford Hospital, followed by additional training in Surgical Critical Care at the University of Michigan, and a fellowship in Colon and Rectal Surgery at the Ochsner Clinic in New Orleans.
My board certifications include the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery, American Board of Surgery and American Board of Surgery: Critical Care.
I use evidence-based modern surgical treatment in an open and compassionate setting, based on patients feelings and beliefs.
Your family history could impact when you begin regular colon cancer screening, and finding signs of cancer early offers the best outcomes.
Colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer in the U.S., but it's also one that can be prevented and treated if caught early with colonoscopy.
Are at-home tests as good as colonoscopy, the gold standard for colorectal screening, colon polyp removal and early cancer detection?
Henry Ford Cancer Institute - Detroit
Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital - Clinton Township
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital