- University of Illinois at Chicago, Social Work, IL, 2010
April Sanford, MA, LMSW, is a licensed clinical social worker with 20 years in the field. She enjoys working with an adult population. She became interested in behavioral health because she is passionate about empowering others to growth in a healthy manner while inspiring change.
Her clinical areas of interest include survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, secondary victims of homicide, PTSD, grief and loss acute disorder, crisis and stress management, and psychoeducation.
April received advanced training in Criminal Justice from Arizona State University West and holds a Master of Social Work from University of Illinois at Chicago.
"I believe that every patient should feel validated and respected. My goal is to provide thorough clinical care which meets the unique needs of my patients as well as the standards of contemporary social work practice."
- Trauma and ACEs (adverse childhood experiences)
- Neuropsychology of trauma
- School to prison pipeline
- Effective approaches to pain management
- Trauma-informed supervision