- American Board of Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- University of Illinois at Chicago, IL, 2007
Residencies & Internships
- University of Wisconsin, Internal Medicine, WI, 2010
- Henry Ford Hospital, Gastroenterology, MI, 2014
Dr. Varma graduated with distinction from the University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign with a double major in Biology and Chemistry. He then attended medical school at the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine, and completed his internal medicine residency and chief residency at the University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics in Madison, Wisconsin. He completed Gastroenterology fellowship at Henry Ford Health System, and remained as faculty at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit and West Bloomfield. Dr. Varma is Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) in Gastroenterology and has published multiple manuscripts within the fields of Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
Dr. Varma is the Subspecialty Education Administrator for the Department of Internal Medicine at Henry Ford Hospital, Wayne State University School of Medicine, and Michigan State College of Medicine. Dr. Varma serves on the Clinical Competency Committee, Program Evaluation Committee, Quality in Endoscopy and Safety, and Revenue Officers Council.
Awards & Honors
- Henry Ford Health System Diversity Hero Honorable Mention (2018)