- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Epilepsy
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Neurology
- Wayne State University, MI, 2015
- Temple University, PA, 2012
- University of Damascus, 2011
Residencies & Internships
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Neurology, TX, 2019
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Internal Medicine, TX, 2016
- University of Michigan, Epilepsy, MI, 2020
Member of the Henry Ford Epilepsy Center
I specialize in general neurology and epilepsy.
"I believe in treating my patients like they are a member of my family: with compassion, dignity, and respect. I would not hesitate to do a comprehensive workup in order to find the right diagnosis and treat it accordingly. I strive to treat epilepsy in as many people as possible, and to maximize quality of life in all people struggling with seizures."
Dr. Yusuf-Solaiman is a board-certified neurologist. He received his medical degree from Damascus University in Syria. After medical school, he spent two years of clinical research in epilepsy at Detroit Medical Center through Wayne State University. He completed his neurology residency at the University of Texas Medical Branch and MD Anderson Cancer Center. He completed his epilepsy fellowship at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, where he had rigorous training in electroencephalography, decision-making in all types of epilepsy surgery, intraoperative and extraoperative mapping, as well as medication management.
Dr. Yusuf-Solaiman's research interest and work focuses on continuous EEG monitoring in critical care patients, particularly on the ictal-interictal spectrum.